Join a range of high-profile speakers at the launch meeting of the No Cold War Britain campaign. This event comes as Britain sends its largest ever warship to the South China Sea in a deliberately aggressive and provocative move.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Lowkey, musician and activist
- Martin Jacques, author of ‘When China Rules the World’
- Jodie Evans, CODEPINK
- Kate Hudson, General Secretary of CND
- Vijay Prashad, Director of the Tricontinental Institute
- Li Jingjing , Chinese journalist
- Andrew Murray, Stop the War Coalition
- Anna Chen, writer, poet and broadcaster
- Ben Chacko, Editor of the Morning Star
- Fiona Edwards, No Cold War
Wednesday 16 June at 7.00pm BST/London-time.
Register on Eventbrite
You can view a number of time zones for the meeting here.
Speakers will address a number of themes and questions including:
- The role of Britain as a junior partner in the US’ cold war against China
- How the cold war presents a threat to building world peace
- The rise of anti-Asian racism that has accompanied the cold war
- Why the British government’s increasing belligerence towards China will cause economic harm – losing lots of jobs, trade and investment
- How we build a broad movement to stand up to the cold war
We hope you can join us for this important discussion.
Follow @NCWBritain for updates about this exciting event and other initiatives.
Who are the organisers? This event is hosted by No Cold War Britain and Tricontinental Institute.
How do I join the Zoom meeting? We will circulate the Zoom meeting details to all those registered via Eventbrite in advance of the meeting.
How do I find out more about this issue? You can visit the NoColdWar.org website and follow @NCWBritain @NoColdWar on social media for more information.