Join No Cold War Britain’s online rally opposing the rise of racism that is being fuelled by the US-led cold war on China.
WEDNESDAY 6 OCTOBER 2021
7pm Britain / 2pm US Eastern / 11am US Pacific
About this event
Join a range of speakers from the Chinese, East Asian and South East Asian diaspora, prominent labour movement figures and representatives of from youth, anti-racist and anti-war organisations in Britain and the US to discuss why we must build the #StopAsianHate movement in Britain and internationally.
This event comes in the wake of an alarming rise of racist hate crime against people of East and South East Asian heritage in the US and Britain and at a time when the US and close allies including Britain are increasing aggression against China in pursuit of a new cold war.
* Murad Qureshi, former Stop the War Chair and London Assembly Member
* Jess Barnard, Chair of Young Labour
* Anna Chen, writer, poet and broadcaster
* Sheila Xiao, co-founder of Pivot to Peace
* Ping Hua, ex-chair of Chinese Association of Southampton
* Suresh Grover, Director of the Monitoring Group
* Madison Tang, CODEPINK
* WahPiow Tan, Human Rights lawyer, Singapore exile and activist
* Aidan from Stop Asian Hate UK
* Mikaela Erskog, No Cold War
Follow @NCWBritain for updates about this event and other upcoming initiatives.
Who are the organisers? This event is hosted by No Cold War Britain, the British section of the No Cold War international campaign.
How do I join the Zoom meeting? We will circulate the Zoom meeting details to all those registered via Eventbrite in advance of the meeting.