For our second international webinar, we’re bringing together peace activists from China, the US, Britain, South Africa, India, Morocco, Bolivia and Belgium to discuss how to oppose the US-led New Cold War.
The event will take place on Zoom, on Saturday 26 September, 2pm UK / 9pm China / 9am US Eastern / 6am US Pacific. To get a ticket to the Zoom event, register on Eventbrite. Registered users will receive a link within 24 hours of the event starting. The event will also be streamed to Youtube and Facebook.
Panel 1: Global trends: what we’re confronting
- Vijay Prashad (chair), Director of Tricontinental Institute (India)
- Victor Gao, Professor at Soochow University (China)
- Jodie Evans, Co-founder of CODEPINK (US)
- Abdallah El-Harif, Founder of Democratic Way (Morocco)
- Ollie Vargas, Journalist for Kawsachun News (Bolivia)
- Chris Mathako, Deputy General Secretary of the South African Communist Party
Panel 2: How we organise to stop a New Cold War
- Kate Hudson (chair), General Secretary of CND
- Margaret Kimberley, Coordinating Committee of Black Alliance for Peace
- Lindsey German, Convenor, Stop the War Coalition
- Julie Tang, Pivot to Peace
- Ludo De Brabander, Vrede vzw and No to War – No to Nato Network